• Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Yes | No

Is your wife/husband smarter than you?

my wife yep.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Definitely.

HOWEVA, she married me, so it's not like she's Einstein.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    In ways yes. In other ways no.

Yes | No
    I think my husband and I are very equal when it comes to intelligence. I honestly don't think I could have married somebody substantially smarter than me (and definitely not one who was stupider than me). We like to joke that we both got the same score on our ACT so we must be intellectual equals.

That said, there are definitely things that he is smarter than me about....technology and math stand out. OTOH, he would admit that I have more organizational smarts. He can be pretty scatter-brained....I honestly have no idea how he runs the business that he does.

teenagedreamfanatic15

Yes | No

Is your wife/husband smarter than you?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSuxDirtyBirds View Post
    In ways yes. In other ways no.
    This.
    This Post Is Certified 100% Valuable

WWKD - WHAT WOULD KREAYSHAWN DO

gravyshanks 2:56 PM - um, sorry I came prematurely. it's due to sunspots.

Joe Norris: I AM THE GRAND WIZARD

Yes | No
    no.

Yes | No
    My wife and I graduated law school together. My cumulative GPA after three years was .002 higher than hers. I will always have objective proof I am smarter than her.

However, she has much more common sense than I.

Yes | No
    I would say my wife and I are equally smart in different ways. She blows me out of the water in the organization intelligence. She always thinks of things that I'd never even consider. She is also way smarter than me about education and human mental development and kids etc. She knows a lot more about why people do what they do. I'm a much more technical person who is better at math and science type stuff. I am also much more patient with technology but she is more patient with kids.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by lkerr1 View Post
    I would say my wife and I are equally smart in different ways. She blows me out of the water in the organization intelligence. She always thinks of things that I'd never even consider. She is also way smarter than me about education and human mental development and kids etc. She knows a lot more about why people do what they do. I'm a much more technical person who is better at math and science type stuff. I am also much more patient with technology but she is more patient with kids.

I am checking your IP address because I am pretty sure you are my husband.

teenagedreamfanatic15

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by samandbendrivemetodrink View Post
    I am checking your IP address because I am pretty sure you are my husband.

OR you are every woman in the world and he is every man.
    This Post Is Certified 100% Valuable

WWKD - WHAT WOULD KREAYSHAWN DO

gravyshanks 2:56 PM - um, sorry I came prematurely. it's due to sunspots.

Joe Norris: I AM THE GRAND WIZARD

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
    OR you are every woman in the world and he is every man.
    No that would make me a chick and I dont think I would like that at all.

Yes | No
    no, and Mausers wife certainly is smarter than he is.....he married up

High Class Wheater

Yes | No

Re: Is your wife/husband smarter than you?

In what aspects? I'd beat her in every academic test, trivia, technology, and world events type of knowledge.

She's a better person with people and handles stress better. we both suck at communication with each other but she commucates much better with other people.

She's probably a better leader then me. I cannot supervise and do not want that role but she cannot say no to her employees either.

My academics scores would be much higher but she blows me away with emotional intelligence.

Yes | No
    People are throwing around various multiple intelligences erroneously all over this topic. There is no evidence that there is such a thing as emotional intelligence or organizational intelligence. Howard Gardner invented multiple intelligences, but there is no test he's been able to develop that can measure his expanded definition of intelligence, nor what people are subjectively conjuring up in this discussion. The Special Olympics makes everyone a winner and so does Multiple Intelligence, but you're really setting a pretty low arbitrary bar for intelligence when you start accepting Gardner's pseudoscience or whatever other intelligence definition you're making up here. I suggest sticking to the g factor for intelligence and then noting that your spouse and you have different abilities or aptitudes outside of what we recognize as intelligence (because even I.Q. is a social construct, but it does have a healthy scientific backing).

I don't know if my wife is more intelligent than I am. However, the original question was about smarts and I think smarts can get at the abilities people are discussing in this topic (I blame Sam and Ben's mom). A person can be book smart or street smart or work harder to become smarter in the decisions we make, for example. You can become smarter, but you probably aren't going to do a whole lot to change your intelligence (you could get advanced degrees to change the appearance of improving your intelligence, I suppose). I think perhaps smart is how well you use your intelligence and intelligence gets at your cognitive abilities or mental capacities. My wife is smarter than me much of the time because I am pretty lazy.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    we all know this doesn't exist...

oh wait, you said factor

Yes | No
    I guess my response was pretty dorky.

I just hate seeing school districts around the country wasting millions of dollars every year on Multiple Intelligence curricular materials so when I see people throwing intelligences around loosely it raises my ire. Just ignore my post and go back to being emotionally intelligent or having a high organizational I.Q. Sorry for my rant.

Yes | No
    I am smarter than my fiancee, and I'm pretty sure she will freely admit it too. She kicks my ass when it comes to knowing common sense crap about kitchen stuff, cleaning, etc. I can't count the amount of times I've been yelled at for using a metal utensil on one of those non-stick cooking pans. But for the most part, I win the battle of "smarts." She is working on her masters though, so good for her for one-upping my lazy ass.

However, I am a poor winner, for lack of a better term. She gets annoyed when we argue about something because I have to prove that I am right. I'm usually not a know it all around most people, but around her I can't help it. It's like an innate desire to show that I am the alpha male or something. No clue. It's annoying though, and she hates it when I do this.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No

Re: Is your wife/husband smarter than you?

However, I am a poor winner, for lack of a better term. She gets annoyed when we argue about something because I have to prove that I am right. I'm usually not a know it all around most people, but around her I can't help it. It's like an innate desire to show that I am the alpha male or something. No clue. It's annoying though, and she hates it when I do this.[/QUOTE]

Same here

Yes | No
    No. And I win all the arguments because of it, which honestly isn't good for our relationship.
    Last edited by WolfShirtSophomore; 01-16-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Are you not Entertained? Is this not why you are here?

King Shit

Yes | No
    I am intentionally not seriously responding to this thread. Imply what you will.

Yes | No
    My husband will readily admit I am smarter. He is smarter in some things,sports and mechanical things. I am much more book smart and he has no problem admitting that because I am currently in the nursing program at Washburn and am still on the Presidents honor roll.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkbabe View Post
    My husband will readily admit I am smarter. He is smarter in some things,sports and mechanical things. I am much more book smart and he has no problem admitting that because I am currently in the nursing program at Washburn and am still on the Presidents honor roll.
    lol, he just let's you think that.
    Are you not Entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I am intentionally not seriously responding to this thread. Imply what you will.
    NO ONE is smarter than Knight. That dude is so smart it's stupid.